Now I could be all mean in this review but I'll try to just keep it to constructive critisism so the moderators of the site might learn from my experiences and work on them. Here's a list of problems I've had with the website over the past few weeks:
1. Games that just won't register no matter what. Elvenar, Star Trek Online, Warface, I couldn't get these to work even with 5 diffferent accounts and 5 different browsers. I follow instructions and they don't work. I sent in a support ticket for Gigantic awhile ago and got a copy-paste reply that was useless. The reason why I don't send in support tickets is I don't want to receive the same reply. So I/others make forum posts and nobody even sees them or just replies "we have no idea what's going on, be more specific".
2. The quests just are not fun/impossible. Playing War Thunder and the first quest is play 15 realistic matches. I play 10 of them and people yell at me for being in the wrong match, it should be arcade, not realistic. Stronghold Kingdom's last quest is extremely hard. Wizard101's quests 2 and 3 are impossible due to a paywall. I also gave up on another quest somewhere in the forum because it was impossible. None of these problems have been addressed. Nobody even looks at the individual game forums.
3. If you use the Premium Random Steam Key option, you might get a used key. I got a used key for City of Chains and then got a repeat for one of the games I already got. The higher prizes tend not to do this but this is annoying nonetheless.
4. I quit mostly because of a rejected screenshot for Forge of Empries's 1st quest that requires me to have the technology Teaching. I couldn't figure out a way to put both my name and the technology on the same screen so I took a picture of me being able to build a School, which requires Teaching. If the person looking at the screenshot had googled what I was trying to do at all they wouldn't have rejected it. So please do a bit of research than just look at a screenshot and say no.
5. Games which you already registered for don't register on the website. So if I download Arc to play Gigantic, then I have to make another account to play Neverwinter. This is so dumb. For this reason I think many people just stick to the browser games since they are easier to register on and why there's a billion complaints in the client games about registering.
It's not that I hate the site, it's just not that user friendly. I might come back someday when these are fixed but not now, it's too much of a pain doing these things all the time. The sad part is I wrote 7 guides/reviews for the site and kinda wish I hadn't before I knew of the problems. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
RE: My own Bananatic review (and why I quit) - 29.10.2017, 14:31
That's sad to see you have encountered all these issues.We respect any criticism as long as it is not mean or made in an insulting way.The Bananatic Team are doing everything they can to fix these issues.We know that alot of people encounter them and we are also thinking of ways to get more bananas.Please keep in mind that it is not easy and it does require a lot of coding work and time.
Thanks for your review!
RE: My own Bananatic review (and why I quit) - 29.10.2017, 16:21
Thank you for your review.
I can see that you only emailed us once in support about a problem with registration. We did send you a number of reasons why it might not have worked, but you didn’t come back to us to say it still hadn’t worked. Registrations are accepted by the games editors and unfortunately, it sometimes doesn’t work, which case, we contact them directly for you in order to sort the problem out. This usually take a maximum of 48 hours.
We have a partnership with each game, which means that they are the ones deciding on the quests. We sometimes do try to change them if we know they are too hard. But a lot of people were able to complete the quests you’re referring to, apart from Wizard101, for which we’re still trying to get an agreement to change the quests.
We had an issue for a while with one of our Steam Key supplier, and each user contacting us in regards to that, had their keys exchanged. I’m really sorry you did not contact us about that.
In regards to Forge of Empire, you can put a comment in the chat section, so we have your nickname. This is what most people do. Again, when users aren’t sure about a quest, they tend to ask us in Support, and we’re always happy to answer all queries.We do take into account all your points.
We always try to improve the website and its usability. Our aim is to provide an easy to use platform where people enjoy coming and have fun. We will also ask our moderators to check games’ forum more, as it is true that at the moment we mainly only check the general forums. But we would like to ask all our users having issues to email the Support, so we can help you individually.
RE: My own Bananatic review (and why I quit) - 29.10.2017, 16:30
Also, re: Forge of Empires.
All you have to do is open the Chat Window , as this has your nickname displayed. We do advise people to submit this if they send us a screen initially without this.
There is also a way to submit a screenshot beside another one, so we can see nickname.
We always appreciate good wriitng and reviews, and you gained in bananas for the efforts - so no-one loses! :)
RE: My own Bananatic review (and why I quit) - 29.10.2017, 17:57
Why don't you try redoing the quests so you can register for it, it always works for me the second time. The quest may not be the most fun quest but if your receiving money for it, I wouldn't really bother, besides for me the games were pretty fun.
RE: My own Bananatic review (and why I quit) - 30.10.2017, 10:17
Wel here's the thing, if I had sent in a support ticket for each of these problems, I probably would have sent over 10 of them. 1 for the used key, 1 for Elvenar, 1 for Forge of Empires, 1 for Warface, 1 for Star Trek Online, 1 or 2 for Wizard101, 1 for Stronghold Kingdoms (these past two wouldn't have been resolved anyway by the sound of it due to the quests being done by the publisher), 1 for the sedoc.net thing I experienced, and probably a couple of other issues (oh and the Gigantic one). Other than the used key, I probably would've got the same reply about trying different things that's also on the website, but sometimes it just doesn't work, mostly due to the registration problems I stated above with not being able to use the same email for sites with multiple games (like Crossout and War Thunder, I had to use one email for Crossout and another for War Thunder and it finally worked, even though I did the quest on the same email anyway). I know I could've been more helpful in writing out these concerns in support tickets but I always had the suspicion I would just get the same reply since the problem was the same most of the time. I think I just hit a wall one day with trying to register for quests and nothing working and then getting a rejected screenshot and not having anyone talk in the forum about anything and I realized that this is just the way it is on this site and I don't really want to do it anymore.
"Why don't you try redoing the quests so you can register for it, it always works for me the second time. "
I did try with different browsers and different emails on some games like Elvenar and they just would never work. Normally it does work like you say, but I have 5 Elvenar accounts i did the tutorial and more on and still nothing. Same with Warface, I did 4 or so accounts and played a match and nothing. And if it's something silly in the way like redownloading the game will fix it (which I doubt), nevermind that, those games are like 10 GB or so (except Elvenar, I don't know what's up with that game).
Oh and the only quest that wasn't that fun was the Wizard101 ones and the War Thunder realistic batttles since a level 1 or 2 isn't supposed to be in them. I did somehow get the odd kill in matches with tanks +3 ranks above me though, but then again I always got obliterated in one shot.
RE: My own Bananatic review (and why I quit) - 05.11.2017, 07:20
In support, you do not always get the same respose, don't worry. We're nor robots ;)
We like to solve each problem. So even if it would have meant filing 10 support tickets, we would have answered to each one. If registrations don't work (and we know this is an issue), we contact the game publisher ourselves in order to get them to validate your registration.
Don't hesitate to contact us via support anytime, about any issue. We always do our very best to solve users issues.