How does it work?
Login
Date joined: 20.09.2017

Unable to play Revelation Online and Warface

17.04.2018, 11:01
I know Bananatic might not be the right place for this but I've been searching around on the internet and those specific game's forums and I'm not sure what to do... I'm surprised there are not more people discussing this issue although I'm not the only having it. I would like to have some advices or opinions on this if possible.

From what I gathered, this issue concerns people who are using Windows 10. Revelation Online and Warface are both distributed/published by My.com and they use an Anti-cheat system that is not approved by Windows to my understanding. Windows prevents this Anti-Cheat systems from being installed correctly which then prevent the games from launching.

I contected their support, they told me to disable "Secure Boot" and reinstall the game. Another solution that I found is on the forums, and that would be disabling the Driver Signature Verification on Windows. I don't know enough about computers to make an informed decision about this and I'm not sure that I want to compromise the security of my computer to play these games. Did anyone else have this problem and fixed it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Honest Social Helpful Vulgar Troll
RE: Unable to play Revelation Online and Warface - 17.04.2018, 18:30
Trevorlindmark Newby
Date joined: 15.02.2018
As you already finded out yourself, this problem isn't so easy to fix atm. All your findings are valid, so i see 3 different options for you.

1. Disabling secure boot, which depending of your setup, might go smooth and you only need to go to click one thing on bios and you are good to go or you might get more problems than you ever wanted. It's even stated on microsoft docs about disabling secure boot:

"Warning
After disabling Secure Boot and installing other software and hardware, it may be difficult to re-activate Secure Boot without restoring your PC to the factory state.
Be careful when changing BIOS settings. The BIOS menu is designed for advanced users, and it's possible to change a setting that could prevent your PC from starting correctly. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions exactly."

So,if you are not familiar to your computers bios, it's settings, and how to change them, this already might be problematic enough to just leave it as it is.

2. Uninstalling the latest win10 security update, which imo is more safer/easier way to make your games work, althou this either isn't bulletproof and might lead same kind of symptoms, eg. windows not booting or something else not working normally anymore.

3. Just leave it as it is atm, my.com will update their certificate at some point, they prolly can't afford loose all their players who uses win 10 and keeps their security updates up to date... or if they think they can loose them, there might be another fix for it available in reasonable time.

And i know, some smarta** will come and say, nonoono just do it there is no need to worry at all, this is soo ezzz ploxxx bla bla, but still, i would consider couple times, before going with options 1 or 2 :). I wouldn't value those "couple" bananas over my sanity :p

My advice is to go with "opt 3", wait couple days, see what's coming and if nothing happends, then rethink again.

ps. There is another bananatic user who had same problem with those 2 games and i think he got RO working with thing i suggested him to try... giving admin rights to all files on RO folder (Revelation Onlinegame) which are named tianyu. I just can't remember fully what i told and don't know what he actually did but he got RO working, hopefully he comes online soon so he can cofirm.
Honest Social Helpful1 Vulgar Troll
RE: Unable to play Revelation Online and Warface - 17.04.2018, 18:42
Wazzup76 Newby
Date joined: 20.09.2017
Hey thanks for the reply Trevor! I think I'll follow your advice and wait a couple hopefully they'll fix it soon and you're right, possibly messing up my computer isn't worth the bananas.
RE: Unable to play Revelation Online and Warface - 18.04.2018, 03:25
Shazam Merlin Leader
Date joined: 01.08.2017
Hello there! Sorry but I don't think anyone of the staff here at Bananatic can answer that as we are no experts in computers! But you might try to add the game to the firewall and that should prevent windows from doing anything to it! There are videos on how to do it!
Thanks
Shazam
RE: Unable to play Revelation Online and Warface - 24.04.2018, 20:07
TheLegendaryVegetable Veteran
Date joined: 05.11.2016
I might have a fix

1. Uninstall the game fully from your computer and ensure no files of it are left until the next steps are complete.
2. Windows 10 just released some updates on their Antivirus and some other Cumulative updates which are quite mandatory if you want your system to run smoothly.Install all updates and ensure they are not corrupted(If they are, see microsoft help)
3.Open up "Task Manager" from the windows key at the bottom and click on "Run as admin" on it.Go to advanced and see the apps in the drop down menu and set Warface or Revelation on High priority after you install them again.
4.Open up the app and then immediately close it and swithc the priority back to Normal.
5.Shutdown your PC, open up and see if it works.

Hope this helped.
Chat